Friday, April 19, 2013

Bending Time


It is hard to understand the circumstances in one’s life when all you do is think about them.  Sometimes we tend to overthink and fail to just go and do whatever we need to do.  I realize too that time moves forward endlessly.  We only have mere moments to look back, collect some pieces each of us may have forgotten before moving with the tides of time.

I’ve been in the process of pulling on some of the thin threads of a past that has been trailing me.  I’ve forgotten much about them and I’ve neglected parts of me that are now preventing me to go on.  Collecting them, pocketing each piece I need and then moving forward has been a theme I’ve been continually seeing myself do, for how long, I can’t entirely be certain.     

I’m going back again to where I started.  Maybe this time I’ll be able to spot the turns I missed. I’ll bend time, practice Aikido once again as a student, practice climbing again like an eager novice and probably study and be a student in the literal sense of the word.  I lost pieces of myself somewhere and I’m now only slowly beginning to pick them up and put them back together. 

We all make hard life choices and we all fall sometimes.  When we do, sometimes it will be hard to push on.  When our souls are maimed, when our hearts are broken and when our minds are confused, we can sometimes rely on things that give us inner peace.  The stillness of mind will provide clarity and clarity in turn will help us move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment