Thursday, June 19, 2008

Focusing and Unfocusing



It's been close to a month of trying not to go climbing.  It's hard focusing to unfocus on climbing.  The rest has taken me back to running and swimming mostly.  The weather feels right for late afternoon runs and early evening swims.  Although I miss climbing, I must admit that my diversions have been really interesting.  My runs take me along the streets I used to walk on from school as a child.  The trees have really grown, the small flowers from the fire trees line the asphalt streets and the afternoon chill from the late afternoon rain always become good enough inspiration to get out and run.  Swimming at the nearby lap pool also brings a different draw.  Hmm, needless to say there are so many gorgeous things that can be seen pool side.

Of course I'll be going back climbing.  It has to be soon too.  I've a trip that hopefully becomes reality and I want to get really focused on climbing to get fit for it.  It's going to be harder again I'm sure as I've once again drowned in a new kind of high.  I'm sure I'd miss my runs and swims once I switch back to climbing mode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment