Friday, June 20, 2008

Focus . . .



. . . it's a state of being attuned to just one singular purpose, a decisively intentional mindfulness of shutting off everything else around you and being in the moment of your exsistence.  I envy those people who have this singular purpose.   The quiet mind and the solitude percieved by these people sends them to an eternal connection with the energies of the universe.   It is no wonder I think that the phrase "good vibes"  has so much more meaning than just the phrase itself.

In this day and age of multi-tasking and fast paced life it is difficult but not impossible to share in this peace.  For me it's through climbing and sometimes the intense moves of bouldering that automatically sends me to a quiet mind state.  Also, sometimes during runs and long swims this energy becomes available to me.  

It becomes a constant search for this place that keeps me moving.  When a problem or a route becomes easy, there is always a point where the mind wanders off.  Sure it's still fun but the more a problem gets harder or a route becomes more tenuous the more I feel closer to focus, the more I feel closer to staying within a quiet place.  It's an addictive state.

A harder way for this though is my tea or coffee.  It's a good practice to just sip  it in and just not think of anything.  A blank mind is a happy mind and one cup a day of this total blankness is sometimes intoxicating.  
The easiest way? Beer, wine and alcohol but that is a totally different approach and there's just so much more of this topic that I alone can't fully cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment